AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA corn counters are on crack
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WItitan2
Posted 10/16/2018 11:53 (#7050095 - in reply to #7050003)
Subject: RE: USDA corn counters are on crack

Pierce county WI
Well, for what it's worth, I just got my home farm off. I'm filling oct contracts at the river. So with what I hauled in, and what's in the bin, it should be 182.5. so, margin of error, 180- 185.
We were in a garden spot earlier this year. When DB tracks and the other guys south and east were too wet, and the guys just south west of us were too wet, we were great. Corn started to tassel on the 4th of July. By the end of July, we were really dry. We got rain in late August, and it's been wet ever since. In mid July it looked like a bin buster. It's probably 15 - 20 bushels off our best year 2016. My home farm is an old dairy farm with a manure pit, and has lots of tile. Disappointed that it could have been better if it wouldn't have gotten dry, but I'm happy it's that good. There's lots of corn that has went down, or broke off around here. My 102 day was worse than the 94 day. I think the 94 day was more " done " than the 102 day when it got dry. So not the bin buster it could have been, not a disaster.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)