AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

500 vs 750 monitors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Joe@RFDG
Posted 10/5/2018 17:10 (#7027739 - in reply to #7025733)
Subject: RE: 500 vs 750 monitors

Glenwood, Mn

Papa Gene - 10/4/2018 05:02 So: AG25 has L5 and the SwiftNav does not. The Gain on the AG25 is 48 dB and the SwiftNav is 40 dB. Will this be noticeable?

Well, this is what happens when it rains out.....  I get a wild hair up my backside.  I did order one of those used EZ500's on RTK and the SwiftNav antenna.  I have a couple AG25's to compare to.  I plan to use the AG 25 on the EZ500 but will check out the SwiftNav to see if they pan out as I have another application for them.  We would like to go to striptrill eventually.   For my application I don't know if L5 is important.  If it doesn't work, I am out not a whole lot as I already have an AG25 to use.

Swift says 5 days to ship and ground to here is another 3-4 days.  So I will likely see it in week or two.  It looks like rain here for at least the next week so I will be able to test out with the ag25 first and then switch it over to the swift.  The plan is to do some real world test and then after harvest/tillage do some static testing.

Those that know me, my real job is making "chips" (machining).  I'll probably make up a mag base for the swift for giggles in-between part runs.  I have an intern this fall/winter and sounds like an excellent project for him.  Last summer we had him build a GPS rate controller for a pull type yard sprayer.  Works slicker than snot!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)