AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

500 vs 750 monitors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

neo_ag
Posted 9/30/2018 15:19 (#7017835 - in reply to #7017726)
Subject: RE: 500 vs 750 monitors

northeast ohio
That's good info. If there was an opportunity to seed monitor, control clutches or manage a sprayer then I would have recommended buying a system that had upgrade potential. With what you've stated, I would buy a good used or even new EZ Steer. Then purchase whatever display fits the remainder of your your budget. The EZ Steer is very portable as you mention. In addition, it will work with a 500, 750, FM1000 or TMX2050 so as you upgrade it's still useful. I have a used 500 RTK, but with AG15 WAAS antenna that I may post to be classifieds later this week. Or if you are wavering about future options then maybe the FM1000 with OMNI that was just posted in classifieds for $2000 would be an great option.

Some may ask why I would suggest a 500 display for your purpose. Because if you are only doing guidance, having a cheaper, old display with unlocks that aren't used may be more valuable than a newer WAAS display when it comes time to update. For example, until last week we could have traded in the 500RTK for RTK / high level accuracy on a new Trimble 750 or 2050 display. The current program for xcn1050 displays it's quite as attractive, but still a good trade value.

Edited by neo_ag 9/30/2018 15:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)