AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunspot cycle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/19/2009 22:12 (#576885 - in reply to #576820)
Subject: RE: Sunspot cycle

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I heard the JD program also. It is my understanding that Sunspot activity peaks and wanes over an eleven year cycle.

I thought we were actually at a low point in the cycle and that the GPS situation is really quite good but we should expect some difficulties in the future.

I shouldn't make fun of the attractive lady who was on the panel but I did have to chuckle a couple of times. Once was when she indicated that the Itec Pro would handle headland tasks such as shutting off the vacuum on your planter. I think my planter works much better if I keep it engaged!

Later there was a question about the Itec Pro working with nonDeere implements. She indicated that any implement that is controlled with an SUV would work fine. I think she meant to say SCV - Oh well we all knew what she meant.

I did learn a few things that I was unaware of. I assumed that the new low end lightbar would be weatherproof - apparently it is not.

The EZ-Steer system has been used on a large variety of vehicles including pickup sprayers where it works well. Deere's system apparently does not support any pickups.

I thought about calling in and asking if the Deere Rate controller on a planter that can be used for row section shutoffs can also support monitoring or controlling starter fertilizer at the same time. We have customers who have this question but can't seem to get a straight answer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)