AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Guide to Genetically Modified Alfalfa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jay in WA
Posted 10/12/2006 00:42 (#50765 - in reply to #50669)
Subject: Re: A Guide to Genetically Modified Alfalfa

Pasco WA.
I also have a lot of issues with that propoganda. If only 17% of the alfalfa acres are currently sprayed what makes them think everyone is going to plant RR? Roundup is a lot more enviromentionally friendly than the current chemicals I have to use. As far a creating roundup resistance weeds, it's not likely to happen for me. Thats because I almost never used Roundup in my current program. RR gives me a new tool to break weed cycles that are difficult or impossible to controll conventionally. My RR ready fields have already returned enough more income in one cutting to pay for the extra cost of the seed. As for the export market I predict that it will be a non issue in a few years. I have been told that RR has already been shipped to Japan. I had an exporter recomend that I plant RR to controll a weed problem. I have neighbors that grow exclusively for the export market that are planting RR so it must not be a problem for them. Also I have yet to meet a dairyman that is the least bit concerned about RR. As for the organic market, there is none here so it's a non issue for me. So far for me RR is is working out very well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)