AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

12 billion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

StxPecans
Posted 8/19/2018 11:37 (#6937681 - in reply to #6936761)
Subject: RE: Good lord, most of you need to name up and go to TPP....

Us pecan farmers are getting/will be hit hard by this tarriff. 1/3 of our crop goes to china and tarriff have gone up from 7% to 47% this year. Yet nuts/pecans are not even in on this 12 billion.
In my case I had hurrican harvey took out 90% of my yeild last year and 10% of my trees that take 10 years to even begin production.
Furthermore stress from last year (loosing all leaves from storm) has effected my crop by 40% this year. No insurance avaliable for pecans, FSA was spose to help on clean up from storm debis, which i have about 100,000 into so far and they saythey will pay about 10,000 but it is going slow and doubt money will come as they keep saying that the cotton farmers need to get paid first as they my go out of business.
New program might be coming out to help with lost revinue on damaged crops from hurricane harvey but i have to have proof of crop insurance other than NAP(which paid 0 last year) yet no crop insurance is avaliable in my county.

I hope you row crop guys dont get shaft like I have.
Infact in thelast 10 years i have paid $750 each year to NAP and have recieved 0 total, i would have been happy withjusta $7500 check yo paysome bills with.

Rantover.

Edit to ad link
http://www.pecanreport.com/news-blog/10/7/2018

Edited by StxPecans 8/19/2018 11:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)