AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Going to Mt. Rushmore
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 8/17/2018 09:57 (#6934294 - in reply to #6932887)
Subject: RE: Going to Mt. Rushmore

nw NC
Get on internet and search for travel information and visitor guides for states that you will be traveling through. Wife and I have been in Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota and Wisconsin. She has family in Minn. and I have a cousin in northeastern Iowa. Lots to see in both those states.
I don't know your planned travel route, but I would recommend making a loop with southern and northern routes.
If you are going through Iowa , Dubuque has Mississippi River Museum, Dyersville has site where movie "Field of Dreams" was filmed, also National Farm Toy Museum, Basilica of St. Francis Xavier and other sights worthy of seeing. Decorah , Iowa area has Vesterheim Norwegian Museum, a State Fish Hatchery and other sights worthy of a visit. Spillville, Iowa south of Decorah has the Bily Clock Museum, definitely worth the time to go there. Southwestern Minnesota has Pipestone National Monument. In south central Minnesota in Austin there is the Spam Museum, pretty neat place for a visit. In South Dakota at Sioux Falls , The Sioux Falls Park was a very nice and relaxing visit. Mitchel, SD has the Corn Palace, the Dakota Discovery Museum and just across the street is George McGovern Library at Dakota Wesleyan University.

Go to this site and enter the states of your choice for some odd, unusual things to see along America's highways and back roads.
https://www.roadsideamerica.com/

Happy and safe travels !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)