AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Health care discussion not even possible here?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WTW
Posted 7/21/2018 18:03 (#6884323 - in reply to #6884016)
Subject: RE: Health care discussion not even possible here?

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
cerrado33 - 7/21/2018 14:03

While I agree that the health care in our country is out of control cost wise, single-payer is a disaster.

I grew up in Canada.

Most of my family still lives in Canada.

It is an absolute nightmare up there. Wait times are insane, for simple procedures and tests.

I could go on and on about my own stories and my families.

And it is NOT FREE. There is nothing free. Taxes are just more.

I have lived in both systems. Experienced both systems. I live in the US, and one of the reasons is because of the health care.

Litigation here in the US is the worst ever. That needs to be dealt with. Its too bad Congress is full of a bunch of lawyers. They have no vision for anything. And look after lawyers.

In my opinion your characterization of the Canadian health care system is not very accurate. While it is not utopia and certainly has some deficiencies, the biggest ones being the wait times and under funding, most people get quite adequate health care. My opinion is formed by the health care experience by our greater family, from a grandchild age one with a significant heart defect needing specialized care and surgery in Edmonton, being flown there from Winnipeg, to at the other end of the spectrum my father who is 94 also needing more care at this time.

I have also observed that the US system seems to extend hope to patients in distress by continuing treatment to inflate the amount billed when what should have been offered is compassionate palliative care.

However, the same problem exists in both countries. Healthcare costs are continuing to rise and are not sustainable. From the cost of new patented medicines to highly technical machinery to the cost of salaries in the health care field something will need to give, or our expectations will need to be lowered.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)