AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cheap Guidance system suggestions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 7/4/2018 11:34 (#6850157 - in reply to #6849744)
Subject: RE: Cheap Guidance system suggestions

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

+1, and if your markers are hitting powerlines, how do you get under them with a combine? We have a 12-36 vertical fold mounted planter and I only have to worry about 1 skyline in our yard, once I get out on the road, no problems. This is with markers.

The only thing I can think of is you have the old style non folding marker, but for 6-30s they shouldnt be that tall.

Besides the point, but if the $5000 scares you, youre better off where youre at. I used a FMX, and hydraulic auto steer on our planter for the first time this year, 95% of the time I let the autosteer do its thing, but I had some smaller odd shaped fields that I just used the markers because it was easier than trying to have 3 or 4 different guidance lines. I also used them for my end rows and the first pass down the field so I could make any adjustments that I needed to for the guidance line.

I used rangepoint RTX and would have some drift overnight, so if I wasnt going to finish a field, on the last pass I put the marker down so I knew where the line was supposed to be. Sometimes it was dead on, other times it was off a bit. RTK would fix that, I may upgrade in the future.      

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)