AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MicroTrak EMD PWM settings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DevinF
Posted 4/11/2018 20:52 (#6703504)
Subject: MicroTrak EMD PWM settings

Nwmo
I've been working on tuning in a Micro-Trak 40 amp EMD pwm version. I'm running it with an Ag Leader direct command system. I had it tuned in pretty well with it set at 150Hz freq and 22000 gain. The problem with those settings, after a while of running the Microtrak would flash an error sequence on the LED that meant the input frequency is out of range. I got it going again by lowering the gain on the Agleader monitor. When I lower it back down it takes quite a bit of time to match rate changes. I have set a few of these up and never had the problems I'm having right now but I can't remember ever putting the gain that high.

I have been calling around trying to find someone that has any experience with it, not finding much. I found papers that explain how to setup the Microtrak with other controllers like Topcon and Trimble. I have also found Agleader manuals that talk about setting up another brand emds but none that specifically talk about Microtrak's with an Agleader system. I previously setup standard non pwm emds and it took some tuning but finally got it close.

I did find one thing, AgXel sells an emd that looks very similar to a Microtrak. They have a settings sheet that explains how to use it with an Agleader system, I think I'm going to give that a shot tomorrow unless someone has a better idea. Those settings are 100Hz and 99999 gain. Seems awfully high on the gain.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)