AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MicroTrak EMD PWM settings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DevinF
Posted 4/16/2018 22:57 (#6714594 - in reply to #6703504)
Subject: Problem solved

Nwmo
After talking to microtrak again they told me it had to be voltage drop causing the problem. I didn't think there was any way it could be a voltage problem with 4 gauge wire. Sure enough I hooked a car battery to the emd and hooked a set of jumpers from my truck on to the battery, which resulted in about 14.75v making it to the emd and everything worked fine.

With the tractor off and brand new batteries in it I was getting 12.2v at the battery and 12.19v at the emd. When I turned on the master switch on the agleader to fire everything up, at the emd it would drop to 11.9v. This apparently is enough to cause it to go into a voltage input fault mode. Since the tractor was in a barn and it was cold out I was doing my testing with the tractor off most of the time, which accounts for intermittent malfunction. Several times I had declared it working with the tractor running only to go to lunch and come back to try it and nothing worked while the tractor was off. I kept thinking it was a setting issue causing it to stop working. Right under my nose the whole time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)