AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Options for GPS receivers to feed two Ag Leader displays
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ccfarmer
Posted 4/8/2018 13:03 (#6696018 - in reply to #6694702)
Subject: RE: Options for GPS receivers to feed two Ag Leader displays

Creighton, NE
I will try to clarify my questions in the original post. With regards to the Geosteer not performing worth a darn, refer to my link above for a better explanation. Myself and at least two other Ag Leader dealers cannot seem to figure that out. If someone could assure me that a steercommand would solve this steering problem I would certainly take a hard look at that. As stated in my link above, it is frustrating to get traded out of a perfectly good steering tractor,(and spend a bunch of money) to go back to something that probably doesn't steer as well as say an easy steer or on-track type system. The only reason I traded is because I added some functions to my planter that the Insight would not handle such as advanced seed monitoring and row unit down pressure monitoring.

My goal would certainly be to just have one monitor in the cab but the Integra cannot run the autopilot and the Insight will not work with all the modules on the planter. It seems that the most inexpensive way to solve this is to have both monitors in the cab performing separate duties. The only thing I need to accomplish this in a Nav II and different GPS antenna, I have an autopilot unlocked Insight and all the other components for the Trimble steering to work. I wouldn't even need a new receiver if I wanted to use Omni on the 332 that I already have. I guess I was a little unsure which GPS antennas would work with a Nav II for the RTK subscription I already have.

This seems like a silly question but can you take the Geodock receiver and connect it to the octopus harness for the Nav II and get signal that way? I was thinking that the Geodock and the Geosteer ECU had to be used in conjunction with each other to function at all, but maybe not.

I will explore some options with steercommand with my dealer also, that would be the simplest IF that would work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)