AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK NTRIP base stations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Artic
Posted 4/4/2018 16:06 (#6687071 - in reply to #6686739)
Subject: RE: RTK NTRIP base stations

SNIP is a very flexible NTRIP server/ caster software with nice and easy GUI (graphical user interface).

It does not generate corrections. It will just get corrections from a local receiver (by COM port or etehernet port) or from external sources (other bases...) trough internet.
And it delivers them to the clients (tractors, drones, etc..) by using NTRIP protocol.

Free version can do max 3 different streams but the number of clients is unlimited.

So if you want to do RTK you must have a correction source with RTK messages.

The Lat & Lon information added when creating a mountpoint is more or less for information only: It will be shown in the mountpoint list.
When doing RTK corrections the very precise location (lat lon height) is encoded in the correction stream.

RTK corrections are like:
Base broadcast: This is my position (once a minute or so) + This is how I hear the different satellites right now (usually once a second and with a time stamp).
A rover is listening to the same satellites and to the correction stream and then figures out: As I hear the satellites like this my position must be this much to the north / east / height compared to you.

Hope this helps.

The SNIP team is really friendly and the couple times I had to ask something they answered to my e-mail really fast!

I will enclose a picture showing some things that a RTK correction delivers. This screen capture is taken from SNIP RTCM 3 Messages Viewer.
This is a huge amount and more accurate information than what NMEA messages have!

(Untitled.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Untitled.png (122KB - 30 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)