AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Portable DVD Players - take 2!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Aussy Harold
Posted 3/21/2018 17:02 (#6656410 - in reply to #6653509)
Subject: RE: Portable DVD Players - take 2!

North East Wimmera district of Victoria.

Paul and Ringo - thanks for the info!

I think I am only a step or two above tech illiterate!

For your info - the portable DVD player is a Lenoxx PDVD 1000.

Two things am still to try -:

1.  The Canon Legria Video camera, which currently is set to record in MP 4, also has an alternate setting ADHDV [I am presuming the AD may be the format the Lenoxx requires, and the HD = high definition!] So I will try a recording in that format, and see if it works in the DVD player.

2.  I spoke to a 'tech' on a number associated with the Lenoxx distributors. He informed me that the reason that we get sound but no picture was that the video needed to be of a lower resolution. He said  "No more than 360" and hung up on me.  [Not the most 'user friendly' help guy I've come across!]  So - from that, more delving into the settings of the video camera. There is adjustment for frames per second [50 or 25] and the warning that the lower speed may give a lower quality production, as it may 'flicker'. [old westerns where the wheels seem to be going backwards! or is that just the relationship between frames per second, and the speed the spokes are moving!]

So I don't stink 2. is going to gain anything.

Someone commented that we may have a bicycle when we need a motorbike. i.e. the DVD player is not up to the job.

I have a friend who has tried the SD card from the Canon camera in an android tablet. Works no worries.!

To finalise the process we may have to purchase a Tablet  - IF it is easy to turn on and play - as we thought this DVD player was.

Final comment this morning - I just have a hunch that the ADHDV setting on the Canon camera may still be 'too high in definition' for the DVD to play.  In short -the Lenoxx may not be a very good quality machine!

Thanks again guys!

There are so many "standards" in the digital audio video world, it becomes confusing very quickly.

You have a video camera, it records MP4 to a camera card?   -YES

You have a portable DVD player, you want to put the file from the chip onto a DVD and play the video. -YES

The DVD says it can't read MP4 files. - YES

You mention MP3 is supported, but that would be audio only. So that won't work. If your player can show the older mp2, then converting from MP4 to mp2 would work well for you.  - Have not tried that conversion - but could.

You say AVI would work. Those could be big files, they are not compressed. YEAH - to 'high resolution as well!

Then there is the many different types of DVD. + or - and so on.

What is the model and brand of your DVD player? While it's across a lot of water and you might be on a different video standard there, maybe we can look up what you have and sort out what you need from the model number.

Paul

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)