AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

You realize Sunday ( re. working on )
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Skipper
Posted 12/22/2008 14:25 (#543525 - in reply to #543406)
Subject: RE: You realize Sunday ( re. working on )

I think Matthew chapter 7 is often used in a way that is not intended. Many times its quoted as basis not to get involved in others lives but I believe the verses taken individually ie; verse 1 "judge not" verses 3&4 "judging the speck while you have a log in your eye" leaves out a very important intent. Verse 2 states that we will be judged by the same measure we judge others so if we are FAIR in the way we "judge" others then we will be judged FAIRLY by our Heavenly Father. This we should be willing to accept. (grace and mercy are a different as the consequences of the "judged" activity are not ours to decide. Certain behavior, life styles, actions are defined in scripture so we can make a determination as to whether God approves. Whether they be ours or others man can know what God thinks of them but it is not up to us/man to judge the heart of others). Likewise verses 3& 4 are not complete without verse 5(IMO) We are supposed to deal with the "log" in our eye first then we are very clearly instructed to help our brother with the speck.

Not disputing anything you state Billybob just voiceing an opinion that I've long held but don't often elaborate on. Your points are well taken. Thanks for shareing. Don

Edited by Skipper 12/22/2008 14:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)