AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yield 360, precison planting, others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 1/20/2018 18:29 (#6519590 - in reply to #6519180)
Subject: RE: Yield 360, precison planting, others

WC Mn/Dakotas
In and around the red river valley advertised gains for Deltaforce appear to be slightly conservative on corn and beans. Sugar beets and sunflowers are 3-5x better than corn/beans roi.

There are also more multi hybrid units here than the rest of the us combined. Still a work in progress, but usually avg 15-20 bu better. I heard second hand two operators in Nebraska this year saw 30-40 bu but that was just 1 year.

I think its going to be tough finding many farmers doing only a half of a planter without the help of a PP dealer and all of those have been shown at several PP meetings already. Most here commit to the whole planter and dont look back, just work on further improvement now with the new tools at their disposal.

Im personally looking forward to running the smart firmers this year. Keetons in past have not worked in our wet and cold sticky clay. Will try 4 per planter in row, if they stick like past versions, we will mount them between rows and shallower.

Furrowjet has had some issues sticking in some soils, wearing excessively in some, and rock damage in others. We will let someone else try the new version this year.

A couple growers i know really liked the vapplyhd last year. Now more options that look promising in that department.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)