AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yield 360, precison planting, others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DobsonAG
Posted 1/21/2018 06:49 (#6520212 - in reply to #6519180)
Subject: RE: Yield 360, precison planting, others

Donnellson, IA. Makes saying here easier.
Will find out more this season as we enter into the precison side deeper. Adding multihybrid and deltaforce along with smart firmer on a few rows. So I will no more than say anything but I will report back. That being said we are already VRT population and run pop-up in furrow but not with furrow jets just totally tubulars. On those two areas I actually see more of a boost in my toughest zones not on my top end. Same goes for my yield 360 ydrops. My best ROI comes from my later season N in areas that have moisture stress. Obviously if they have so much moisture stress that you cant get the rain to move N into soil it still doesn't help. But these soils can't hold a full shot up front and when I sidedress with my high-speed nh3 bar they crack out terrible when it gets dry. Plus my rye shows we aren't doing a good job getting use of that N as my covers so boldly advertised this fall again. We see no loss in yield cutting back 20-30 units in those type of ranges. Some of my best roi this year came from zones with 5 year 120 bushel averages making 160 not the 220 zone making 230. Just my opinion lots more research to do. But the flexibility of a later season app and letting the crop be out and running to make final decision is worth the extra 5-15 cents a unit in season product over fall app. On the planting side the tech may not help enough for some. For us we haven't regretted any yet and hopefully with good calibration and my Brother who is a crazy awesome operator(ocd type) it will allow us to make fine tuning and simple depth changes etc to do the best job. The other advantage is with us renting all expansion acres I get maps to start VRT immediately instead of building them over several years with yield maps. Soil maps here cannot be used on new acres to establish zones. I have a 130 acre field we added this year veris mapped, we will see what precision and veris show. I will post maps later. I'd like to try furrow jets just to run more product but still haven't seen enough. Low P numbers here and on contract acres is a good way to see return. Especially when a lot of acres are 7.4+ pH. I'm worried too about ROI but I visited with enough farmers not dealers to make the move. I will let you know if I have hair left by fall. But could not agree more with both meetings point of small details and your farm do what works for you. Yield 360 has been great to work with and I can't wait to put on my glide kit. Drops on flat ground is a fun trip in the field, on terrace hill ground its a outright digit circus for my right hand. Have a great Sunday.

Side note this was my First winter conference meeting. Glad I went though allowed me to upgrade to the new monitor.

Edited by DobsonAG 1/21/2018 06:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)