AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Late 90's/Early 2000 SUV's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JChamb
Posted 1/17/2018 15:18 (#6512098 - in reply to #6509703)
Subject: RE: Here is my take...

Iowa - Floyd County
There is nothing wrong with the transmissions in the WJ(2nd Gen Grand Cherokee), I've ran them lots and lots of miles with no trouble. As far as the 4x4 system, avoid the Quadra-trac/Quadra-drive system, it is an AWD system that was very prone to failure, get one with Selec-trac which is a regular shiftable transfer case and they are bulletproof. I've only ever seen a handful with the Quadra system, most every one around here has shiftable 4x4. I would stick with the 4.0L if possible.

I run an 04 WJ 4.0 as my daily driver/runaround vehicle and I wouldn't give it up. Have had XJ's(Cherokee) and ZJ's(First Gen Grand Cherokee) in the past but this current one is the best of those by far. Go anywhere, cheap and simple to maintain, comfortable to drive. They do not get the best fuel mileage and if all seats are full it is tight but all in all it's a great little rig.

No experience with Explorers but my brother had a Blazer of that vintage and that thing was a pile, it was always broke down. Lots of electrical problems and transmission issues, just not that great of a vehicle.

Edit to clarify some Jeep lingo.

Edited by JChamb 1/17/2018 15:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)