AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Late 90's/Early 2000 SUV's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BBfarms
Posted 1/16/2018 13:12 (#6509703 - in reply to #6509617)
Subject: Here is my take...

SE Michigan
Stay away from the Chevy Blazer, the 4.3L is OK, but the rest of the vehicle is questionable, had one with allot of electrical issues and front end issue as well, also seem fast to rust out. I lost tons of $$ on a 2003 I bought for my son, sold it at a loss just to "cut my losses" Never again ...GM!!

The Ford with 4.0's, cannot comment, however I would opt for a 3.5L, from what I recall were a bit better, and I "think" the 4.0L is an import from Ford Germany, 3.0L and 3.5L had a bit better warranty numbers last time I worked with Ford (as a supplier in my day job)

The Jeep 4.0 is a bullet proof engine, the best combo is the 4.0 in the Jeep Cherokee (production stopped in 2001) Rock solid vehicle, not great on gas but will run for 250k miles easily. The 4.0L in the Grand Cherokee was linked to a trans (torque flight 727 if I recall) that was a 150k mile trans, plus find one from that era with working 4x4 is another story. the coupler in the 4x4 system will be shot in most.

Stay away (run actually) with any Jeep / Chrysler product with a 3.7L engine, biggest time bomb ever built, local indy shop replaces about 2/month and I personally know of 3 people that had 3.7's explode (me included)

3.6L after built after 7/2011 are bullet proof and allot better mileage as well, that gen of Jeeps were very solid vehicles. Have a 12 Grand Cherokee that has been flawless except for a pin-hole rusted in the trans pan at 80K, now I have 125K with out an issue.

Edited by BBfarms 1/16/2018 13:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)