AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble autopilot engage rocker switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/16/2018 10:34 (#6509331 - in reply to #6509293)
Subject: RE: Trimble autopilot engage rocker switch

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I used to work as a Tech and we got rocker switches from Waytek.wire. For the auto pilot engage you need a momentary type. That means that the circuit is complete only while you press the button. With a Trimble system the auto pilot engages after you hold the button for a bit and then release it. Other systems engage when you push the button.

On one of my Deere 8000's there was a spare knockout where I installed the Momentary switch, on another Deere 8000 all the locations were used so the switch was mounted in a plastic box and attached to the side of the command arm with double faced tape.

Waytek also has rocker switches in other configurations. A common one is a SPST type with a light. This style is not a momentary and is flipped to the ON or OFF position. This style was often wired to the Orange and Orange/white wires of a Raven controller. This meant that the Raven Master could be cycled ON/OFF from that switch instead of using the Master switch on the display. This was often more convenient than using the real Master switch which is left in the OFF position. . This style can be used for many applications but would not be suitable to engage auto steer.

For that a momentary type is required. Here's a link to some Waytek switches. As you will see they carry lots of styles. The rocker switch that I believe you could use is #44302. The covers snap on and since you have no need for a lens style, #44351 should do. Notice the minimum order is for two switches and four covers which would be more than you need right now but still cheaper than the Trimble route. The minimums were not a problem when I was a Tech since we would order a large quantity for stock.

https://www.waytekwire.com/products/1412/Rocker-Switches/

Edited by tedbear 1/16/2018 10:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)