AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you make your livestock work for you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

SamT
Posted 1/15/2018 20:36 (#6508083 - in reply to #6507127)
Subject: RE: Do you make your livestock work for you?

Texas
1-2 hours a day? Lol I put that into my very small operation. It certainly doesn’t pay any bills, but hey I get free meat and like $2 an hour. I’d sure love to build projects, load ammo and shoot Varmints the rest of the day.

Definetly written by a milenial from the city.

If you have a job that requires less than 60 hours a week and you are really successful you are very fortunate.

We are farmers. But when I was a kid I worked for some cattlemen in the evenings. (Because dad didn’t pay us) one fall I was getting on a drill for a guy when I got done with work. I’d run from say 7pm until I didn’t figure I could drive home if I stayed any longer. One morning about 3am I slid a versatile tractor into a ditch on a flooded road. I reluctantly called the man I was working for and he came and pulled me out with another tractor. He answered right away and I soon realized he was working somewhere else. I’m not sure when he sleeped, but I have a feeling it was in his pickup when he got the chance. I think the world needs a good dose of 4Am hay bailing and stripping cotton until midnight.

Screw animal welfare. It’s about dollars. You don’t make money not taking care of your animals.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)