AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2018 herbicide program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

wildcat_farmer
Posted 12/12/2017 13:44 (#6424041 - in reply to #6423843)
Subject: RE: 2018 herbicide program

SE Kansas
Keep the D in your pre bean program. Also keep with the fierce, great product as long as you don’t push application + planting too close together then it rains, and you get burned with splashing. If it works, keep it. Second residual? Outlook or Warrant. Dual seems to be weak at times if not incorporated/activated more quickly than outlook/warrant.

Corn? Keep the sharpen in the program. Or, pull the sharpen out and run Diflexx, safened Clarity with above & below ground protection to the corn plant. That is where I position Diflexx, post in crop, I prefer Status over Diflexx if I have to go that route. But premerge, Diflexx. You can push that 12” limit with the atrazine, but don’t get carried away. A lot of my old customers sidedressed, we ran the post shot after sidedress was done. 2 sides to that story. If you run post shot before, weeds are less stressed therefore better control. But, any disturbed soil will lose its residual layer when the applicator is drug through. Posting after sidedressing, leaves you with some stressed/covered up weeds but your residual layer remains in place. We found better control and results when post was ran last.

Verdict is an option, definitly would have some atrazine in there though

Edited by wildcat_farmer 12/12/2017 13:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)