AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2018 herbicide program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WTF2014
Posted 12/12/2017 17:38 (#6424391 - in reply to #6424358)
Subject: RE: 2018 herbicide program

CIL
I’m talking about dropping the XLT for straight Fierce then replacing the classic component with prowl for better hemp control. I’m sure it could be more expensive than doing Fierce XLT. I’m sure the classic is also helping with the burndown properties of the Valor in the XLT.

You could also go the route of Valor XLT and prowl, then a post of roundup and anthem. But your more likely to get a decent rain to activate the zidua if it’s down as a pre and not as a post pass. Just playing devil’s advocate.

Matador is another cheaper option to Fierce XLT, but it doesn’t have a heavy hitting ppo for burndown like Valor. It’s dual, pursuit and metribuzin but if you are running 24d....maybe between the metribuzin and pursuit you wouldn’t need it. Plus it would cheapen your program up to add prowl to the mix. Yes you can tank mix matador and prowl.

On the negative side, dual is obviously no zidua. Plus if you start running metribuzin in beans, then you suddenly are doubling up on group 5s in corn and beans.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)