AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would I be happy with an Ontrac 3 in my combine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/30/2017 05:55 (#6397315 - in reply to #6397071)
Subject: RE: Would I be happy with an Ontrac 3 in my combine?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As mentioned above I have three InCommand 1200's, 6500's and ECU's for hydraulic and CAN steering in the three tractors. All three 6500's are unlocked for TerraStar D. I only have one subscription so only one is actually using TerraStar and the other two are using WAAS.

Due to having three systems with similar components I have lots of combinations for moving things around. This year I just moved a 1200 from the sprayer tractor to the combine for yield monitoring and used an older Raven Phoenix 200 on WAAS. This was fine since no attempt was made at steering.

If I would go to steering in the combine, I could move the 1200 and ECU from the spraying tractor. Depending on the correction that is desired on the combine, I could use the 6500 that is subscribed to TerraStar or one of the others that runs on WAAS.

Once harvest is finished the 6500 with the subscription could be moved back to the planting tractor which is used for fall tillage. This would require some moving around but would get more use out of my TerraStar subscription. If it turns out that I feel I need TerraStar is needed on two at the same time, I would need a second subscription.

Edited by tedbear 11/30/2017 05:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)