AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JCB skid steer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

HeadAcres
Posted 11/20/2017 18:55 (#6378355 - in reply to #6377117)
Subject: RE: JCB skid steer?

WC Wisconsin
NoTill1825 - 11/20/2017 07:06

my 12 yr old son and I have used the one where my BIL works before. I tend to let my son drive it as its seem awkward to get in and out of to me. Yes I liked the safety of the side door. From the BIL the controls are very touchy and they've more than once planted the bucket on the road just hitting a bump roading it between barns. I think theirs is a 260 Eco something. They found out you have to leave them running wide open the entire time you use it so you don't mess up the regen system and melt down your engine at 1k hours. Theirs is mainly to clean and bed in bed pack barns. We use it to clean out an old free stall barn we use at his house. The single boom connection does make a huge blind spot like a telehandler, but you do get use to it and it does have a lot of plating on the back.

JCB engines do not have any regeneration or def. One of the benefits, they also reach peak power at moderate rpms, not high.

produces its peak torque at low revs for fuel-efficient matching of the transmission and hydraulics.
Because EcoMAX doesn’t require costly exhaust after-treatment or heat-resistant lube oils, it saves money on servicing. What’s more, this engine can be remapped to operate on low quality fuels, meaning your loader can be resold across different territories, improving residuals.
An optional 2-speed transmission helps your skid steer or compact track loader to achieve quicker travel and cycle times.
Cooling is extremely efficient, with lower-temperature air pulled from the top of the cooling pack and expelled through the sides and rear; this improves overall performance.
Choose one of our smaller skid steer or compact track loaders and you’ll benefit from a Kohler KDI T4F engine: it features a maintenance-free diesel-oxidation catalyst (DOC) and offers improved torque and fuel efficiency.
The KDI engines feature an advanced combustion system that significantly reduces emissions and fuel consumption; like the JCB EcoMAX engines, there’s also no exhaust after-treatment like DPF to worry about. Operating costs and maintenance are therefore minimised.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)