AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JCB skid steer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

WisTreemover
Posted 11/19/2017 17:02 (#6375877 - in reply to #6373195)
Subject: RE: JCB skid steer?

East Central wisconsin
I've been to the plant in Savanna several times, ( where they are built ). They knew when they designed the one arm skidloader it would cause customers to wonder about its durability. So in the design faze they bought the competitors machine ( Bobcat) chained it into a test jig, with the loader arms up off the stops. And cycled it full throttle into a steel post of some sort. Till they broke the loader. It stood up to 100,000 cyles. So now this was the benchmark to beat. The Jcb is designed and tested to be able to withstand the same test. But they claim they can accomplish 100,000 cyles on left corner of bucket and 100,000 cyles in the middle of bucket and still get another 100,000 cyles on right side as well. This is how they feel comfortable giving lifetime warranty on loader arm assembly. ( or at least they were, dont know if they still are?) So I wouldnt be concerned at all about the loader. Of coarse there are those customers that can wreck anything. But. There are already many one arm machines. Excavators, telehandlers, and also some large wheel loaders. I think JCB build some very good / clever machines. My concern is the parts availability. The dealer I used to work with didnt like stocking parts ( not enough turn over) and JCB didnt like stocking parts either ( they blamed dealer, said its their responsibility) so in the end nobody had parts. So seemed everything need to be ordered from europe. Good luck .

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)