AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1st yr lexion review
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Catfan1
Posted 11/17/2017 21:38 (#6372081)
Subject: 1st yr lexion review

SE ND
Finally finished harvest for this season. This was my first year running a lexion 740tt. Previously we owned a gleaner S68. Also ran a S680 Deere for most of corn harvest in 2016 so I’ll compare to those models.

First off the 740 is a 14 model with just under 400sep hrs when I got it. We ran a 40ft fd 75 Macdon and a 16row 22” JD corn head on it. Harvested barley, beans, and corn with it.

Losses in all crops was very impressive, I always thought our gleaner was good but this thing was far superior in my experience in all crops. Definitely had way more capacity then the gleaner but the lexion is a class 7 where gleaner was a 6 so that was expected. As for comparing to the 680 the Deere has more power but again that’s a class 8 and has about 60 more hp or so I believe. I did find the lexion could push as much or even more then the Deere though in corn while maintaining next to no loss. It seemed the Deere would max out 37-3800 before the losses would creep up the lexion could go over 4K and really would max out on hp before losses became an issue.

I put about 300sep hrs on the lexion and avg about 18ac/hr on the season including all crops, of course that includes any idling time and such, most of the time while rolling it was 22-25 in beans, 20-23 in barley and 17-20 in corn in ac/hr. I was happy with the capacity of the machine.

As far as issues with the machine it didn’t cost me any down time from mechanical failure. I did plug it once and found the impeller wear strips were shot, after replacing those which does take some time I never encountered an issue again with plugging. Other then that I replaced a sensor one morning that was giving me an erratic speed reading but nothing I had to shut down to repair.

As far as dislikes the list isn’t too big. Grain tank is too small, 330bu, gleaner was 390, Deere was 400, had too much cab corn/beans/barley! The auger was plenty long with 40ft head but unload rate was just ok, rated at 3.8/sec so same as gleaner was and probably slower then Deere. Also if you shut auger off full and folded it in sometimes folding back out would be a problem with the weight of the grain in it. If the auger would come further forward when all the way out it would make visibility better while unloading too but only really bothered me if I had a passenger with me. The impeller will make the dislikes list, only plugged it once but if you’ve ever had to dig one out you know once is enough!! The dust suction fan on feederhouse would plug quite a bit rendering it useless but it was pretty easy to pull cover off and unplug so not a big deal in my book.

As far as cab/controls liked lexion better then gleaner for sure. Thought it was a horse a piece between the lexion and Deere really as far as the cab, be easier to compare if they were side by side but from my memory of the Deere last year they were both nice to sit in for a day.

Overall I’m very happy with the brand switch. The lexion is a very versatile machine for varying conditions. The loss levels are awesome, capacity was very good for a class 7 machine, track system had an awesome ride field and road and still went 25mph!

Any questions fire away!

(939FDE94-7C7D-47EC-A20B-056C9F5FE258.jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 939FDE94-7C7D-47EC-A20B-056C9F5FE258.jpeg (119KB - 106 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)