AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Transfering FmX display into rented tractor, is it feasible?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Bluedog
Posted 11/12/2017 13:35 (#6360499 - in reply to #6360147)
Subject: RE: Transfering FmX display into rented tractor, is it feasible?

Nebraska
The more I mull over trading the more I feel like I should actually trade in a JD 4960. I REALLY LOVE that tractor and I just got it a few years ago.

So I'd have to decide if I want 1 primary tractor set up for precision, then I got to have something newer and more reliable. And use the older "dumb" HP tractor for other stuff.

Or have two tractors set up for precision work....so I'd have a spare. But I couldn't go as new with the primary one, but I would have the safety blanket of knowing I have a backup since I'm so dependent on the rate control and guidance for fertilizing and planting.

I got the 4960 to primarily pull a second grain cart, and the other job is to pull a fertilizer/lime spreader. Unfortunately it can't quite to that job because it doesn't have quite enough hydraulic capacity to run it. The spreader needs 40 gpm and the 4960 can't get there. It can work with fertilizer, but lime/gypsum it struggles a little. They call for 750 rpm on the spinners and I can only get 675. It got the job done this year, but its not ideal. So it really only does 1 job good....pull a grain cart. and I can put about anybody in that tractor and they can run it.

I got to remember to NOT get emotionally attached to a piece of equipment.......lol

I still have a 4450 MFWD powershift......so I can still enjoy my soundguard cab.....

Edited by Bluedog 11/12/2017 13:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)