AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Transfering FmX display into rented tractor, is it feasible?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Bluedog
Posted 11/12/2017 09:51 (#6360147 - in reply to #6360099)
Subject: RE: Transfering FmX display into rented tractor, is it feasible?

Nebraska
Yeah, I've thought about that too. I hate having to make a purchase when you are under duress and its harder to walk away. I do have tractor mounted tanks for planting to consider too. I'd have to start from scratch there too, but at least I have all winter to prepare.

I guess we'll have to see if the dealer wants to take advantage of my situation or not.

I guess if I wanted to do all(corn and soy) acres and they don't get my tractor done it would probably be around 100-150 hours if I turn it off and never let it idle it might be less. So if its 75/hr because I need a 280+ HP tractor that could be 7500 or more in rental.....YUCK!!! But I wouldn't do my soy acres at that price, I can get by with spring strip-till with soybeans.....Corn, not so much. If its a wet spring I'm screwed, I have 1 tractor set up for this type of work and I'm a 1 man operation. By the time it gets dry enough to strip till I shoulda been planting a week ago....

High clay and Mg in my soil, we haven't had any rain for a month and its still wet down below 4"

Edited by Bluedog 11/12/2017 09:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)