AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looks like CHS sold the debt
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NWPAfarmboy
Posted 10/11/2017 22:44 (#6302684 - in reply to #6301986)
Subject: RE: Looks like CHS sold the debt

Thanks for the update. I believe ZFS was the company who came in and purchased a closed, failed, ethanol plant in our neck of the woods. It was in papers when the transaction occurred and ZFS branded trucks were around until PGP built up their own fleet of trucks. PGP site: https://www.pagrain.com/

Original owners and builders of facilities used state funds/grants so the purchase price and transaction was more transparent. If I am remembering correctly per the news articles, the purchase price was based on 20 cent per dollar of debt in this transaction.

I have never sold them grain, but know many that have. Neighbor was just over tonight telling me they have a fall delivery contract with PGP. Most praise them for their trucking service and prices paid. Maybe there is opportunity for ZFS to make the same play with this debt purchase? From what they did here, they seem to understand how to pull it off. For us, going from a closed plant to what we have now, they definitely have been a good additional to our Ag community.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)