AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hair loss with wireless barn cameras!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 10/10/2017 12:03 (#6299380 - in reply to #6298776)
Subject: RE: Hair loss with wireless barn cameras!

Central Nebraska

Ok.  I'll make some more general statements and ask some more questions.  It appears you have good line of sight between your tower (silo) and your stations (barn M5 radios).  5ghz requires clear line of sight so that is good.  You say that the connection between the silo and the house is Wi-Fi.  This comment is concerning to me.  What type of equipment is on the silo?  Is it another LocoM5?  Do you have a LocoM5 on the house that is also communicating with the radio on top of the silo?  One of the first things I would check is your wireless link quality.  Take a laptop to one of the barns.  Disable the wireless connection and make sure the ethernet port is active and set to DHCP.  Use an ethernet cable to go from the LAN port on the Ubiquiti POE injector to the laptop and see if you get an internet connection.  If you do then the wireless link is not your issue and its a problem with the camera system.

I want more info on the camera system.  Brand.  Type of communication between cameras and recording unit.  Type of connection between recording unit and your network/internet.  How far is the recording unit from the cameras.  You said the cameras are wireless?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)