AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hair loss with wireless barn cameras!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 10/10/2017 08:26 (#6298996 - in reply to #6298776)
Subject: RE: Hair loss with wireless barn cameras!

Central Nebraska

Please do tell us your headaches because there is most likely a (easy) fix.  If most people knew how much data was transmitted wirelessly they'd go bonkers!  As for running ethernet next to high voltage, please don't do it.  I had an install several years ago where the customer had ran some wire.  Half of his home's network would work fine and the other side of the house would do crazy things.  Work fine one night and then not at all the next.  Often it was very slow.  Eventually I said it had to be a wiring problem.....with one particular wire.  He soon realized that wire was parallel to a big bundle of romex for quite a distance.  We ran a new wire and everything works great to this day.

A booster is simply a network switch.  It means you'll need 120v power and some sort of enclosure in the middle of the run.

A properly installed wireless network is just as reliable and possibly faster than a wired network these days.  As is with a wired network, installation is paramount in making sure it works right.  Choose the correct frequency, radio power, and mounting location and its amazing what they can do.

I have a wireless network working across my farm with a total of approximately 12 miles of wireless links.  It's been running three years and the only issue I've had was one improperly installed wire that got full of water.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)