AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hair loss with wireless barn cameras!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 10/10/2017 13:10 (#6299498 - in reply to #6299486)
Subject: RE: Hair loss with wireless barn cameras!

Central Nebraska

Mud Dauber - 10/10/2017 13:00 Both house and silo have the loco M5 on them, as with the cattle sheds. I my have miss spoke about the wi-fi between house and sheds, but I do know I have wi-fi around the yard as I can be in other buildings and have Internet access. There are three indoor Foscams inside one shed all wireless to a central point then hardwired to a M5 outside pointing to the silo. The big shed has one SecuPlug+ hardwired to a M5 also pointed at the silo. I have no recording equipment and using Blue Iris software on a laptop with Windows 7. M5 on the house is hardwired into the router sitting 6' from the laptop. As the crow flies from the house to the sheds average about 100 yards. My heartburn is the fact that the cameras are inconsistent, always having to run around and unplug to restart them. The whole system is not dependable.

Alright....we MAY be getting somewhere now.  One thing you said here concerns me and that is that the cameras "are all wireless to a central point but then hardwired....."  Since you say that the cameras generally come online if you power cycle them I'd be inclined to suspect you have some sort of interference, frequency overlap, or SSID (wireless name) confusion and the cameras do not stay connected to their correct wireless network.  It could also be an IP addressing issue.  Do you know if the cameras are configured with their own static IP addresses or are they using DHCP?  Do you have multiple devices on your network handing out IP addresses?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)