AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil Max tile plow field day in Garden Grove Iowa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

constructionfrmr
Posted 9/21/2017 11:28 (#6261444 - in reply to #6261273)
Subject: RE: Soil Max tile plow field day in Garden Grove Iowa

Nashville, IL
olivetroad - 9/21/2017 09:55

constructionfrmr - 9/21/2017 08:48

Olive, I might be running some 8 and 10 inch this fall after harvest. I have a couple jobs I need to get bid as soon as they get the crops off. I know the one will most likely be a 10" main. 8" is kinda normal for us. Im an hour southeast of St Louis. Run a 3pt gold digger on a 550 QuadTrac. Works real well. If you are interested, I can let you know when we might be running some big pipe and maybe you can make it over.

Hi Zach - that would be great! Let me know when you plan to do some. I just want to see it in person. Do you typically pre-rip those lines?

Depends on the soil conditions and length I have to run. If I do pre rip, Ill do it without a boot on to minimize the disturbance. I normally just hook more traction to the front. I can put 1000 hp on tracks, and another 440 on tires pretty quickly if needed. Ive hooked the trackhoe to the front before and had to dig our way thru a couple spots. I tell you what, that plow can take a beating. Our biggest problem is mud. Thats where we really start adding more tractors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)