AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/21/2017 06:41 (#6260889 - in reply to #6260525)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with H1000. Some Garmins could be purchased from suppliers who made the correct cable to work with Ag Leader, others did not. For example the Garmin 17N that I used in the past just came with loose wires and I had to make the connections to a 9 pin connector. This was confusing as there was the power wire, the ground wire, the Tx wire, the Rx wire and the signal ground wire. The ground and signal ground were tied together.

As H1000 has stated Pins 2 &3 deal with the information but the ground on Pin 5 is needed as well. Ag Leader provides 12V out to power the GPS on another pin.

Here's a screen shot from my InCommand showing the NEMA messages. You should check these messages on your Insight to 1) see if you are getting any and 2) if they are correct. If you touch the GPS icon on top, you should see a menu saying Show messages. Push that and the messages should go streaming by. Push Pause on the Insight so they stop scrolling so you can read them.

Notice they all start with NEMA then mostly eirther GGA and VTG which are necessary. Notice my Raven throws out a ZDA once in a while also. If you don't see these messages it is due to 1) improper cabling and/or power 2) Garmin not set correctly to output the messages that the Ag Leader needs

Edited by tedbear 9/21/2017 11:52

(IMG_1821[1].JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1821[1].JPG (97KB - 105 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)