AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Putting Direct Command on Hagie 2100
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/1/2008 08:01 (#520555 - in reply to #520472)
Subject: RE: Putting Direct Command on Hagie 2100

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Probably a plan worth considering. We have done some Hagies and had others do the install themselves.

We have had situations that did what you propose - that is leave the original wiring and cables intact and lay new ones beside the originals.

This has the advantage of not interferring with the original wiring and should allow the operator to switch back to the original setup if necessary at trade time etc.

Part of your decision should be based on what the sprayer will be delivered with as far as a controller. It seems that the Hagies (as well as other brands) tend to change from one model year to the next.

If you are replumbing the sprayer to more boom sections then the original wiring may not work well anyway. The Ag Leader kit for the Hagie sprayer (using the original wiring) may not allow for the 10 booms that you propose.

I somewhat question the decision to go to a lot of boom sections. Granted there would be chemical savings but the change in plumbing with the increased number of valves etc. will take some time to recover and might make switching the sprayer back at trade time more difficult.

The Ag Leader kit that I have seen includes a Pump Switch. At first its purpose seemed a mystery but is desirable to that the operator can absolutely guarantee that the pump will be shut off during certain situations. As I remember it this pump switch worked properly on some Hagie's but not others since Hagie made a change that Ag Leader was not aware of. I believe it was necessary to move some wires around to make the switch work properly on at least some 2008 Hagies.

The addition of an Ag Leader Direct Injection system to this sprayer might be considered. The Ag Leader Direct Injection module which runs the Raven Sidekick Injection works well with the Liquid control system for the main product. This makes for a very tightly integrated combination with all control/logging/mapping etc. being handled via the Insight display.

Another area that can be somewhat confusing is the fenceline tip situation. Depending on the plumbing etc. there are various ways to handle this. Often the fenceline tip is feed by the outer boom and is wired/plumbed in a fashion so that it will not operate unless the outer boom is ON. In those situations a separate switch outside the Insights knowledge could be used. During the time the fenceline is ON, the Insight is not aware of this so the acres etc. are not included. Since this is generally a very small part of the total field, the slight inaccuracy during this time is usually acceptable.

Edited by tedbear 12/2/2008 07:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)