AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader strip till module for dry box
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/9/2017 07:54 (#6237490 - in reply to #6236944)
Subject: RE: Agleader strip till module for dry box

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
ontpete - 9/8/2017 19:42

you do not need the bin level, fan speed or implement switch to run it.
but implement switch would be recommended so it shuts off automatically when lifting up.

Agree, the bin level and fan speed are not required but might be nice to have. I've worked with some rigs that had a bin level switch but it worked "backwards" of what Ag Leader had in mind. We were able to use a relay to reverse the output so the bin level switch would work with the Ag Leader display. In a spray configuration there is a countdown feature that can be used to count down and warn you when the tank is getting low based on the amount removed. I don't recall if such a countdown feature is available for the strip-till configuration.

The implement switch would be recommended. If an implement switch is not used, the connection must have a JUMPER across it to get any action. This is the situation with any Ag Leader module that has an implement switch branch such as a Liquid or Planter module.

Notice that in the first link to Ag Leader that the drawing shows an Ag Leader switch box and an Auxiliary Input module. Those two items will certainly work for the strip-till system. There are other possibilities. 1) use the Auxiliary Input module and a single switch that plugs into the module instead of the 10 section boom switchbox. Note this is a SPDT switch which uses 3 wires, a simple switch will cause confusion. 2) use an Ag Leader smart switchbox which has a Master and 10 boom sections like the one pictured but includes the Auxiliary Input module circuitry inside it. This may result in less cab clutter.

The reasons for going with one route or another largely depends of what you may already have and/or other operations you may want to work with. I personally use an Auxliary Input module and a homemade switchbox in one tractor for my 3 point sprayer. I use a CAN Smart switch box in the planter tractor to work with my planter modules. Functionally they behave the same so I could move the CAN switch box to the sprayer tractor if the Auxiliary Input module should fail.

Edited by tedbear 9/9/2017 08:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)