AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 440SCS in Patriot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jimgen
Posted 9/4/2017 08:33 (#6227774 - in reply to #6227635)
Subject: RE: Raven 440SCS in Patriot

central mich

Ted,

It is GPS with Trimble 500 and Raven RFM60P flow meter with calb # 710. The 710 is showing on the screen.

I did check the boom calc and you right. It is 60 ft , 3 section boom and the boom calc shows 180 inches for each of the three booms in which indicates 45 ft of boom. So I will change each boom to 240 inch. I have no idea how it got changed as all three booms are set at 180 inch. The boom setting would make a big difference.

But we did install a new set of tires one size width larger than originals. But the speed calc may have been off but not enough for the large difference. I will set the speed calc at 600 after I check the mile distance.

I will leave the flow meter at 710 for now and see how it works.

We ripped about all of the fields and I run in low with this Tyler Patriot at about 8 miles an hr which is fast enough as some of the fields were ripped at an angle. I am using AI yellow so boom pressure is pretty high at 9 mph max speed in low "gear". I might try the next size larger purples next year to lower pressure. ( I installed new pump a few years ago I installed one size larger pump since I was spraying 40 gpm on rate 2)

Thanks for the very clear explanation on how the system works. I have printed it and saved in sprayer book.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)