AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 440SCS in Patriot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/4/2017 09:10 (#6227857 - in reply to #6227774)
Subject: RE: Raven 440SCS in Patriot

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Correcting the boom width will make a tremendous difference. If all the booms were set at 180" rather than 240", the system was applying for 45' coverage instead of 60'. You were only applying 3/4 of what you thought you were. With those widths, I would have expected a batch to cover 75 acres. Hopefully the results were acceptable.

Since the system will now base its calculations on the correct width, it will request more flow. This should bring your expectations of 50 acres more in line.

Since the sprayer will now request more flow, I suspect your tips will be out of range. I don't know your target rate but yellows are very small. I use yellows on a spray setup on my planter for pre-emerge chemicals at 10 gal/acre but my ground speed is much slower.

Concerning the speed cal in getting emulated radar from the Trimble 500: No change in the speed cal is needed for a change in tire size since the pulses the Trimble 500 produces are coming from GPS. Changing either the HZ setting in the 500 or the speed cal on the Raven will affect the indicated speed and acres.

Edited by tedbear 9/4/2017 09:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)