AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hope I'm not too late to the dicamba party!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WItitan2
Posted 8/21/2017 06:51 (#6200425 - in reply to #6198804)
Subject: RE: Hope I'm not too late to the dicamba party!

Pierce county WI
The agronomist that looked at it, says it looks like status drift like when corn is planted next to beans. I guess I just assumed it was dicamba. There is only a couple guys in the area that even used extend trait. My pioneer guy only sold extend beans to 3 guys, and none of them sprayed them with dicamba. My coop only sprayed for one guy, and these guys sprayed their own. The neighbors brother drove over to look, and said, probably is. Don't worry, not looking for a pay day from these guys. They sell seed, and said they are going to have their Monsanto guy look. We didn't have waterhemp until just a little bit showed up last year. Those that payed attention did something about it, lots didn't. Now there's dirty beans everywhere. So next year, it's going to be the wild west of soybean weed control! So if this is dicamba drift, let's take note of it, and maybe people will think before they go spraying it. There is a lot of farmers out there that don't read agtalk that are going to plant extend beans next year, and have no clue about the issues going on with dicamba this season. You can bet with the weed control problems going on there's going to be lots of off label stuff done. If it's the warrant, good. If not, it's not, and it's dicamba, I'm not looking for money. But I want it noted, so maybe we can do something about the problem. I really do agree, that people shouldn't have to plant extend beans to protect themselves. If you park your John Deere tractor next to an international tractor, and the guy decides to touch up paint it. When he gets over spray on your tractor,it's not your fault for not having a red tractor, is it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)