AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hope I'm not too late to the dicamba party!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jmark71
Posted 8/20/2017 09:49 (#6198804 - in reply to #6196941)
Subject: RE: Hope I'm not too late to the dicamba party!

Kentucky

WItitan2 - 8/19/2017 08:59 Here's what makes me scratch my head. The neighbor sprayed his beans like 6 weeks ago, I sprayed the warrant 5 weeks ago, and they did not do this when I sprayed. I don't remember what day the agphd field day was, but I checked them after that and they looked fine. What like 3 weeks later we see this. Obviously it's not affecting the new growth. My other beans don't have this problem. This is next to one of the only farmers that sprayed extend.

This post feels like you want it to be dicamba damage -- it's not.  Looking at the pictures, I think Warrant is a good guess from the responders sitting behind a computer screen with limited information.  A decent agronomist could probably figure this out, but needs to be in the field and asking a ton of questions that haven't even been mentioned yet.  There are too many look alike symptoms to make a call from the internet.

Questions regarding variety differences, weather and rainfall by field, application timing by field, field history, soil type, previous crop, tillage, residue differences  ......  and so on are important to figuring this out.  Just because injury shows in one field and not another with the same herbicide application doesn't mean that it has to be from something off site and isn't from the herbicide you applied.  Looking at your pictures, I wouldn't worry about yield issues at all.  It is not unusual for soybeans to have a number of things which cause leaf puckering at early stages of growth.  The newest trifoliate will often be the site.  As a rep years ago, I would check trifoliates to determine the timing of post emergent applications on complaint calls.  It was very beneficial in addressing timing problems (pre RR days).  If your beans are growing normally now, it looks like a good crop.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)