AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smell in fridge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

mikado
Posted 7/27/2017 06:52 (#6151508)
Subject: Smell in fridge

SW WI
We have this refrigerator that is located in a garage, off the house. Used occasionally, always works, I use it for thawing out a section of a hog for my pork cooks. Don't have it plugged in when not in use and after I'm done using it I make sure anything that could of dripped in there is cleaned up.

Yesterday I was going to get some pork out of the deep freezer next to it, to start thawing out, opened the door of the refrigerator and got knocked on my feet. Something was left in there, unplugged. But what and by who. Looking around I found it. My oldest son who doesn't live around here decided to put a fish he had caught in there....maybe 3 weeks ago by now. Yeah.

What would you do to get that smell out? Needless to say I did not put my pork in there. Probably a whole procedure to try to get this back to normal. I'm starting with a bag of charcoal spread in plastic tubs in there to try to soak up the smell. Next will be a washing down. Any other ideas?

Both me and my wife think the fridge is a goner. I should put a fish in my son's truck and hope he doesn't find it for a few days.

Edited by mikado 7/27/2017 06:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)