AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smell in fridge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 7/27/2017 07:17 (#6151568 - in reply to #6151508)
Subject: RE: Smell in fridge

n.c.iowa

if any of the juice from the tenderizing fish leaked out into the fridge, just as well put it out back and save it for when we have that loading chute burning party.

back in the day we needed a fridge, didn't have a lot of money to spend, so I did some scrounging around with the local appliance dealers.

couldn't really find anything in my price range, but one guy did call me back a few days later, said" boy do I got a deal for you". here was a pretty nice nearly new fridge that a breaker had tripped on the outlet when the owners where gone for a weekend.   so things weren't three week old nasty but they were nasty enough.

so the dealer told me what he had done so far to get the smell out, it was quite extensive, and he just wanted to recover some of his costs and get it out of there. I asked him if he'd take $100, he said "you give my boy there a $10 dollar tip to load it, it's yours".

took it home plugged it in out in the garage first thinking that I could over time wear the smell down, it kinda seemed to work, asfter 6 months we brought it in the house into the basement, it ran for 15 years before it gave up the ghost, but every-once-in-awhile you could catch a whiff of something not quite right.

Edited by johnny skeptical 7/27/2017 07:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)