AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tru count clutches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 11/19/2008 20:45 (#511100 - in reply to #509539)
Subject: RE: tru count clutches

Chebanse, IL.....

We used 16 of them in '08 on a JD 1790. Worked fine.

We're considering some changes in '09. Our planter also has JD air-bag down pressure. I'm considering just getting one larger (8 gal) alum air tank from Harbor Freight. It will supply both air bags & TC clutches. Also, will get a larger compressor. Probably a 12V Puma. It's about 4x the size of the TC supplied compressor & less than 1/2 the price. Also considering mounting a battery at the BACK of the planter to power compressor. Compressor does not need to be up front on hitch...there's nothing there for it to do. Then I'll use heavy (4-0?) battery cable to power the compressor. 12, 14, or 16ga wire is NOT heavy enough....in my opinion. Then I'll run a charge wire from the +12V wire going to the back of the planter thru the 7-pin connector. This will recharge the battery. This should be a more efficient system than trying to run compressor w/smaller wire while mounted up front on hitch. I'll plan on using the pressure switch supplied w/the TC compressor. It'll work on anything. It's just a switch.

I make no recommendations, but those are our tentative plans.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)