AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming on the USA / Canadian boarder ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

superdave
Posted 11/18/2008 01:01 (#509718 - in reply to #509475)
Subject: Re: Farming on the USA / Canadian boarder ?

I sure wouldn't want to put any 'judgement calls' in the hands of a border guard...This summer I had planned on spending 2 or 3 nights in Canada. On highway 61 (on the way to thunder bay) I ran into a CA border guard that made me want to turn around and take my $$$ back to the US. I thought they would wave me in and say, "welcome jolly american, come and spend vast amounts of money in Canada". But about 2/3rds of the way through a repetitive, nonsensical, infantile interrogation, I just wanted to turn around and go back to MN, which I did later in the day. I guess overweight, white, middle-age, US farmers driving a personal vehicle must be a real security problem. It was worse driving my car back into the US. I started to answer every US border patrol question with a question...When did you start you trip? Do you mean when I left my motel at Duluth this morning or when I left home? Then I started to ask questions that they didn't want to deal with - where do I change my money? what hotel is good in town? any good places to eat?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)