AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starfire/ Ag Leader Mix?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ONfarmer
Posted 4/25/2021 09:13 (#8971702 - in reply to #6095510)
Subject: RE: Starfire/ Ag Leader Mix?

Southwestern Ontario
Wanted to revive this.

We got a Sensor-1 monitor to replace a computrak 250 for population on an older kinze 2200. Using a dickey john with low rate seed sensors. The place we got it also gave us harness # AE3070 in order to tee the signal from our starfire 3000 for speed input. Using a 2600 for the gps on an 8210 which had the john deere autosteer valve installed.

When I first hooked it all up, the sensor-1 monitor had a 7773 speed constant already entered in, and it was able to read the speed from the gps and they matched. This was a few months ago before we could actually try it with planting.

Now though, getting it ready for planting, the sensor-1 monitor all of a sudden cleared the speed constant itself and shows an error message that it has no speed input. We re-calibrated the speed constant and it worked for a bit, but then it was doing some funny things not sensing the rows correctly and then eventually cleared the speed constant by itself again while it was on.

Is the planter monitor likely faulty? I am also wondering if there is something going on with our gps unit, because I wanted to make sure we had the spring update. After I put the memory card back in the 2600 it did not display an update was available and had said in the message center that 2.8 update was already installed last year. However, we now randomly get some error messages such as "lost communication with steering device" and "ground speed not matching radar speed" even though we do not use the radar for speed as it does not work.

Is there anything I can change in the settings for the starfire in order to make sure that it is in fact sending the speed signal to the planter monitor correctly? Or is the monitor itself likely failing? And is there any settings such as frequency, etc. That I need to check after installing an update that prevent these random error messages?

I should add that the autosteer itself works fine and continues to work even when these error messages come up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)