AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starfire/ Ag Leader Mix?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/30/2017 05:36 (#6097622 - in reply to #6096576)
Subject: RE: Starfire/ Ag Leader Mix?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
AVP_Matt - 6/29/2017 14:18

Might have to check on that for sure but i don't see why not. They made one for me to power a 252 with the 9 pin serial, worked great.

Not exactly this situation but the same general idea - When I worked as a Tech we made a cable that could be used with a Generic GPS and an Ag Leader system. It might be called a gender changer, null modem extension with external power.

It combined several features 1) acted as an extension to gain extra length to reach between the GPS harness and the Ag Leader display cable. 2) It had the correct 9 pin connectors on each end to mate with the Ag Leader cable and the GPS cable. 3) it did the null modem pin swap which is necessary to get GPS from the receiver to the Ag Leader. 4) it had a two pole weatherpak power connector to get power from the Ag Leader system to the generic GPS.

A very common use of this cable (I use one myself) would be to mate a Raven Smart Antenna GPS such as a Phoenix 200 with an Ag Leader system. A two pole weatherpak connector was installed on the red and black power wires on the Phoenix harness. This and the 9 pin were plugged into the above cable which plugged into the Ag Leader harness. This resulted in a fairly clean install since this cable provided power to the GPS and delivered the GPS signal to the Ag Leader.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)