AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are all "small time carnival" workers filthy and why are they?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldbones
Posted 6/28/2017 19:18 (#6094938 - in reply to #6093570)
Subject: RE: Are all "small time carnival" workers filthy and why are they?

Floyd County, Iowa
Wow. Lots of rocks being thrown here.

I know of one area farmer that I have NEVER seen clean. Clothes always dirty. Can usually smell him before you see him (but hasn't had livestock for 25 years) . Doesn't make him a bad person. Actually a nice man. If any of you saw him for the first time, you'd swear he was homeless and broke. But he could buy a couple more sections of really good dirt, and pay cash for it. Just the way he is and the way he was raised (he's over 80 yrs old).

Ever thought what other people think of guys with cow or pig poop hanging on them and dripping off with every step, or maybe half a tube of grease smeared all over their clothes, and a few days of stubble on their face when they walk into the convenience store to grab a soda or can of chew? No, I don't think it's any different.

We don't really know anything about others, or their situations, other than what we have for preconceived notions.

If they're not trying to harm me or mine, live and let live. I wouldn't live like that, but if they're content with that lifestyle, who am I to condemn them?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)