AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

can anyone tell me for sure the details of extend on a JD 6000?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Lil' Hoss
Posted 6/27/2017 10:01 (#6092310 - in reply to #6091690)
Subject: RE: can anyone tell me for sure the details of extend on a JD 6000?

NESD
The other replies are correct and I will add to it, you need to have a good signal from a base for a period of time , 45 minutes to an hour before RTK extend will become active, if leaving an area of RTK coverage and going to an area of no coverage or questionable coverage you need to switch to a base ID that doesn't exist in your area while you still have good signal, ( I use 4025 because that ID does not exist in our company network ) if you don't do this you stand a good chance of extend not working when you get there, all it takes is a few seconds of RTK signal after it has been lost for a while to disable extend. You can go into diagnostics in the receiver and drop the menu down to RTK and check if extend is ready or not.

I have a customer that has land 175 miles from our network so I advised them to make sure they have good signal the day before they leave with the tractor, the day they are leaving I have them switch to 4025 a couple hours before leaving, that has worked to insure that extend will work for the full 14 days, if by chance they are still away at 14 days or say they get rained out for several days they bring the receiver home so it can be powered up to reset the clock .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)