AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stuffed Peppers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

davpal
Posted 5/12/2017 23:58 (#6014898 - in reply to #6014500)
Subject: RE: Stuffed Peppers

Mid Michigan
I did them about ten times last summer because my garden was kicking out beautiful green peppers the whole season. I cooked the white rice and rinsed it. Then I browned the ground beef with some onions in it. I took about five big bell peppers and put them in a glass pyrex baking dish. Sliced them in half and set them in there. Then I got a big mixing bowl and put the rice, ground beef, onions and also blended up a 28 oz can of krogers stewed tomatoes and finally some Picante V-8 vegetable juice to make a slurry with the rice, burger, stewed tomatoes and the vegetable juice. Made it into a nice thick glob of everything mixed together and spooned it into the stuffed peppers. I had plenty so I just put it all around the peppers in the dish too. I basically filled the whole dish with the mixture on top of the pepper halfs. Then to make sure it was good and flavorfull I dumped more of the picante V-8 juice over the entire works and put tinfoil over it and popped it into the oven at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. It was the best I've ever eaten and I've had a lot of them. I pretty much improvised the entire recipe and it turned out like a blue ribbon winner. Was very good. Try it, you'll like it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)